Wildlife at Red Ledges
One of the unique and special things about life at Red Ledges is our abundant wildlife and how we coexist. Our wildlife population changes with the seasons and gets larger in the winter months with the migration of the native elk population taking up residence here. During heavy winters, like we are seeing this year, we will see the deer and elk population swell as they are looking for food and water that is more easily found here at lower elevations. With the increase in numbers of grazing animals, it is not uncommon for predators such as coyotes, bobcats, and mountain lions to follow this migration. It is important to understand that we live in an environment where there are predators, most often unseen. It is always best to assume there are predators in the area.
Please know that we often get reports of predatory animal sightings. When we are notified, we do our best to determine whether the Utah DNR should be notified. This is based on an understanding that most predators are unseen and therefore acting in a normal behavior. Predators that are seen frequently in daytime hours or frequenting a particular residence or residences can be a possible problem. If this is the case, Utah DNR will assess the situation and act according to their guidelines.
Below are a few things to remember about predators as you live and recreate in our beautiful mountain environment:
- Do not leave pets unattended on your property.
- Keep dogs on a leash.
- Hike with a friend.
- Maintain awareness and avoid using headphones that block out your surroundings.
- Travel in groups and keep everyone together, including children and dogs.
- Leave the area if you find a dead animal, especially deer or elk.
Pick-up Dinners at Juniper Grill
Starting February 15
Juniper Grill will be closing for in-house dining starting February 15, during the next and final phases of our Clubhouse construction. We’re excited to offer pick-up and delivery during this time! Keep an eye out for details on the reopening event later this spring. Juniper Grill’s hours will be as follows:
- Daily for lunch from 11:00 a.m.- 3:30 p.m.
- Thursday – Sunday for dinner from 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Monday for themed dinners from 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Please note that Monday dinners will be assigned specific pick-up times.
Upcoming Red Ledges Events
Red Ledges Ski Club – Sundance
Tuesday, February 7 — 9:00 a.m.
Ice Skating at Midway Ice Rink
Saturday, February 18 – 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Bridge Group — Sundays
- Pickleball Fun League — Tuesdays, Thursdays, & Fridays
- Mahjong — Tuesdays
- Rippin’ Wednesdays — Wednesdays
- Cruiser Thursdays — Thursdays
- Curio Collective Member Event — Wednesday, February 1
- Repeat-Shoer Thursdays — Thursday, February 2 & 16
- Red Ledges Ski Club: Sundance — Tuesday, February 7
- Red Ledges Ski Club: Stag Lodge — Friday, February 10
- Valentine’s Pickleball Mixer — Friday, February 10
- Valentine’s Tennis Mixer — February 11
- Kid’s Craft Days at Inspiration Haven: String Hearts — Saturday, February 11
- Valentine’s Dinner at Juniper Grill — Tuesday, February 14
- Snowshoe Tuesdays — Tuesday, February 14 & 28
- Horse Drawn Sleigh Ride & Dinner at Snowed Inn, Park City — Wednesday, February 15
- Ice Skating at Midway Ice Rink — Saturday, February 18
- Cross Country Skiing, Beaver Creek Trail — Tuesday, February 21
Our Latest Adventures!
If you would like to become a Red Ledges member, please contact our sales team.