Red Ledges in Park City, Utah is looking for a Part Time Tennis Professional to join the team!
Cliff Drysdale Tennis offers the opportunity for advancing in the tennis and sport management industry for those that excel. Cliff Drysdale Tennis manages 30+ tennis and fitness facilities throughout the United States and is always looking for experienced tennis teaching professionals to join our growing team. The Cliff Drysdale Tennis managed facility needs a Tennis Professional. The Cliff Drysdale Tennis Professional creates the ultimate tennis experience by providing the highest quality tennis instruction and customer service in order to grow the game of tennis.
Provides the ultimate tennis experience by providing the highest quality tennis instruction and customer service. Teaches various tennis programs to include adult and junior programs, lessons, special events and clinics.
- Provides beginning through advanced instruction (private and group) for all levels and ages of players.
- Assists in the promotion of and conducting tennis clinics, private lessons, special events and programs to attract and maintain members’/guests’ tennis interests.
- Develops safe, professional, and comprehensive tennis lessons and programs to ensure students develop along a pathway that will encourage continued involvement in tennis.
- Assists in supervising play and ensure proper charging of fees
- Ensure students understand tennis rules, scoring procedures, safety rules and tennis etiquette.
- Enforces all club rules and regulations governing the use of the club/facility, its equipment and other property.
- Performs racquet stringing.
- Quickly and efficiently responds to member/guest questions, comments, and concerns in a professional, tactful manner.
- Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Performs other duties as required.
High School diploma or GED
USTA NetGeneration Certification is required as a condition of employment. Please go to https://netgeneration.usta.com/us-en/registration.html to register for free.
Minimum 1-year experience required
Experience teaching tennis lessons to adults and juniors of various levels
Frequently stands, walks, uses hands, talks, hears, reaches with hands and arms, climbs, balances, stoops, kneels, crouches, or crawls. Occasionally sits. Regularly lifts up to 10 pounds and occasionally lifts up to 50 pounds.
Frequently works in outdoor weather conditions. Noise level is moderate.
Job Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Preferences:
- Ability to read and speak English may be required in order to perform the duties of the job (e.g. the staff may be required to communicate with English speaking customers or co-workers, the manuals for the equipment used are in English)
- Skill level equivalent to a minimum 4.0 USTA rating
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must have basic computer and email skills.
- Excellent customer service skills, friendly, outgoing, and positive attitude
- Ability to build positive relationship with members and team members
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and learn quickly
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Thorough knowledge of the game of tennis
- Effective teaching styles and techniques
Availability during club operating hours
All employees are eligible for the 401K, with a match and supplemental insurance benefits