What does a perfect summer day look like to you? Is it playing a round of golf while taking in the views and then having a cocktail on the deck? Is it going for a long bike ride, on flower-lined singletrack, and having a picnic mid-ride? Or maybe it’s relaxing by the pool after a luxurious spa service? Whatever you vision as the “perfect summer day” chances are you can do it in the Heber Valley or nearby.
The Heber Valley offers so many activities and residents love that there is always something new to try. As the seasons change, so do our favorite activities and events. Like many mountain-towns, residents “come for the winter, but stay for the summer”. The “greatest snow on earth” entices outdoor enthusiasts to come to the Rocky Mountains but once they realize how great the weather and mountains are in the summer, there is no place they’d rather be.
Here is a list of 20 of our favorite activities and events in the Summer:
- Golfing a round of 18 holes on the Jack Nicklaus Signature Course at Red Ledges
- Going for a horseback ride in the mountains with KB Horses (see photo above)
- Scuba diving at the Homestead Crater in Midway
- Taking a summer lift ride and ziplining at Sundance Mountain Resort
- Tubing or kayaking the Provo River
- Hiking or mountain biking the endless miles of singletrack trails in the Heber Valley, Park City and Deer Valley
- Enjoying music and friends at the outdoor Deer Valley Resort summer concerts, Homestead concerts, and concerts at Red Ledges
- Fly-fishing the blue-ribbon-rated Provo River
- Checking off a bucket list item: hiking the iconic Mount Timpanogos
- Relaxing at Poolside after a long walk and yoga class at Red Ledges
- Visiting the Utah Olympic Park and racing down the alpine slide
- Staying cool in the AC and throwing hatchets at Heber Hatchets
- Indulging in a grilled cheese and home-made ice cream at Heber Valley Cheese
- Driving through Wasatch State Park and over Guardsman’s Pass into Park City
- Park Silly Market – local artists, food and live music in Park City
- Renting a boat and spending the day on Jordanelle or Deer Creek Reservoir
- Exploring and camping in the nearby Uintas
- Boarding the Heber Creeper, vintage train, for a sightseeing tour
- Taking the whole family on a hike to Cascade Springs at Sundance Resort
- And; so much more.
This list could go on, and on. There is so much to do in the summer in the Heber Valley, it’s hard to pick favorites. Hopefully we will see you out on the trails, on the golf course or by the pool this summer.